|1. Select an Enterprise Instant Messenger(EIM) using dedicated server/client architecture to ensure offline message/file transfer; against virus and spam.|
2. Select a EIM with must have features such as send instant/offline message, file and folder transfer, new message alert, message delivery tracking, group chat, broadcast message, voice and video chat, message logging.
3. Select an EIM encrypt all data transferred.
4. Select an EIM requires less than 15 minutes for server configuration and easy for future maintenance; no learning curve for employee.
5. Choose an EIM should supports Active Directory/LDAP, IT department fully control the user accounts/profile management, role control, history message storing.
6. Choose an EIM with customized features, like remote desktop, bulletin board, white board, customize IM interface with company logo.
7. Choose an EIM with reasonable price, including technical support and future upgrade.
8. Choose an EIM with friendly integrations.
9. For media and large company, IBM Lotus Sametime and Microsoft LCS will be a good choice, for small and medium company, Pidgin, BigAnt instant messenger, Jabber.