|Hey guys, I'm working on an individual's computer where need is to have IE bring up the dial-up screen upon opening and then disconnect the internet when done. I also need Outlook to connect upon opening and then disconnect upon sending/recieving. The third thing I need is to have the internet disconnect after downloads are finished.|
What I've done so far are as follows:
1. Went to IE Internet Options, have tried both Dial whenever a network connection is not present AND Always dial my default connection.
2. Went to settings of dial up connection and clicked Advanced, clicked Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed.
3. In Outlook went to Tools, Options Mail setup, clicked Always use an existing dialup ceonnection and Hang up when finished with a manual Send/Reicieve.
I'm not sure what to configure to get the disconnect after download request to work so that the comp will disconnect the internet after a download.
4. Went to Email Accounts, Change, More Settings, Connections, connect using my phone line.
5. Also had issue with a bunch of DLLs being in My Documents folder. Deleted them and now the add-in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\out97.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by Detect and Repair on the help menu but that didn't work.
I've set all of the above settings but the only thing that will work is that the dial up box will open up for IE.... but not disconnect for it after, won't open up or disconnect for Outlook, and won't allow me disconnect the internet after downloads are complete.