Crossover or Straight Through Cable?

Sony Vaio vpccw21fx/w notebook
February 26, 2012 at 18:16:35
Specs: Windows XP, 2.2GHz / 2GB
Hi Guys,

If I want to connect my PC to a Router in order to get internet access, will I need a Straight Through Cable or a CrossOver Cable?

I tried to look it up over the internet but I got different answers.



See More: Crossover or Straight Through Cable?

Report •

February 26, 2012 at 19:13:13
straight through.

Report •

February 27, 2012 at 02:23:16
Many modern routers have auto-sensing self-adjusting ports so it makes no difference which type cable you use, but the rule of thumb is " Like devices use crossover cables, Unlike devices use straight ( Patch) cables" So to connect from Modem to Router needs crossover. From Router to PC uses Patch.. If you were networking direct from one PC to another a crossover cable would be needed.

Goin' Fishin' (Some day)

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question