converting one wired computer to wireless

May 25, 2010 at 19:43:24
Specs: Windows Vista
I have 2 computers in 2 different locations. One computer is wired directly into the router, but my other computer is located upstairs and I didn't want to run wire all the way up there.I am using a D-Link DGL 4100 gaming router with a D-Link DGS 2208 switch. Is there a way to turn the computer upstairs wireless?
Thanks LR

See More: converting one wired computer to wireless

May 26, 2010 at 04:51:31
First you need a wireless router or a Wireless Access Point. The DLH 4100 has no wireless capability.

You then need a Wireless Interface Card for the computer, preferably the same manufacturer as the wireless router/access point you will need.

Then you need to read the instructions carefully and configure the wireless router and wireless access point.


Report •

May 26, 2010 at 08:50:13
Yes.. You need to get a wireless router and wireless adapter (for your computer) and set up a simple wireless network. Take a look on this wireless network setup tutorial, think will give you more ideas.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question