|I decided to download and use a bandwidth monitor as I went over my bandwidth limit for a month. I noticed something strange in that I'm getting a constant ~1 Kb/s download that never stops.|
I closed all programs and processes that I could and was still getting it. So I downloaded Netlimiter to get a better idea of where the constant download was coming from. It listed the constant download as "unrelated" and info on it says unrelated to any process, but it also says "Incoming connection from "xxx.xxx.xxx.x address with port xx".
I tried blocked the address and port with windows firewall, didn't stop it. I tried clicking the "kill connection" option in Netlimiter program, didn't help.
I tried scanning with Malwarebytes and Ad-aware, nothing came up.
I thought maybe it's because I'm connected through a Hub. I connected directly to the cable box instead, didn't change a thing. Had an idea that maybe it was automatic updates constantly searching for update... turned it off... didn't help.
I'm really at a loss on what it is or what to try.