1. am able to ping websites including yahoo from the fedora box
2. ifconfig shows the ip address of the proxy(192.168.0.253), shows eth0 up, brodacsat using mutlicast, MTU1500. RX Packets 173276, errorr0, dropped0
TX Packets 125077, errorrs 0, dropped 0.
3 ipconfig/all on a client machine when configure using feedora shows:
- ip add of the client machine :192.168.0.150
- dhcp enabled -yes
-default gateway: 192.168.0.253
-dns servers 192.168.0.253
4. What device is acting as a dhcp server in your network?
-the fedora proxy acts as dhcp as well
5. What happened last before it began to not work properly on the fedory box?
-nothing i can remember of. was working normally when we left office. detected errors when we came back the followingg day.
NB: On the network, we also have a DNS service running on windows 2003, which serves our domain.
Hope this sheds more light. Kindly assist.
Thanks in advance