|My internet just stopped working spontaneously. One minute, I was working in Gmail. About 5 minutes later, when I opened Gmail again, the connection was taking forever. I thought it might be an issue with my AVG firewall, so I disabled it, but there was no change. |
WHAT I DID AND WHAT I SAW:
1. Gmail was taking forever to load
2. I turned off firewall, thinking that might be causing the issue. Apparently not.
3. I Chrome (or any of the other browsers), I could not open any page at all. It just says "The webpage at http://ababab.com might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address." In the more errors section, it just says "Error 101 (net: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error". This blank page is now showing up almost immediately after I type in a web address.
4. I entered the OpenDNS servers, thinking it might be a DNS error
5. I can get to my organization's OWA client through the New Tabs page, but not even the root page of their website. None of the other sites in the New Tab page works. I got to the OWA login page, and entered my user name and password, and was able to successfully send off the email from there.
6. I cannot even connect to my router via its default IP address (192.168.0.1).
7. My wired Dell, which is connected to the same router, does not experience any problems.
8. I can ping any IP address (external, router IP, myself) with 0% loss through the command prompt
8. Even with my AVG at "allow all connections", it still doesn't work
9. This happened without any interaction from me (as far as I can tell).
D-link DIR-625 Firmware Revision C
Dell Dimension 3000, Ethernet connection to router
iMac 8,1 2.66 GHz, connected via Wi-fi to router
Windows XP SP3 running under Bootcamp on the iMac
BTW my iPod Touch 1st gen can connect to the same router / network without an issue.