can't access survelience dvr behind a switch

July 11, 2011 at 13:57:22
Specs: N/A
I have a qsee dvr that is hooked up to a switch that is connected to a wirless router/modem. I have forwarded the correct ports that I need to according to qsee, ports 80, 9000 and 100. I can access the dvr from any computer on the network via its local ip address, but when I try to access it via a computer off of the network via the real world ip address of the network, I cannot access it. I can ping the real world ip address of the network and it is successful. Any suggestions?

See More: cant access survelience dvr behind a switch

Report •

#1
July 11, 2011 at 14:20:38
are you typing in;

yourwanipaddress:portnumber like
for example
65.167.157.10:80

Answers are only as good as the information you provide.
How to properly post a question:
Sorry no tech support via PM's


Report •

#2
July 11, 2011 at 14:51:34
I've tried both and neither one works, 90% of the time when I just type in the address without the port number I get a website cannot be accessed and the other 10% of the time it routes me to google with the ip address as a search term.

Report •

#3
July 11, 2011 at 15:48:51
you MUST list the port number when accessing via the internet.

alternatively forward port 3389 to your pc and enable remote desktop.
attempt to use remote desktop at a remote location with wanip:port

Answers are only as good as the information you provide.
How to properly post a question:
Sorry no tech support via PM's


Report •
Related Solutions


Ask Question