|Ok, here's one heck of a weird problem: I cannot in any absolute way, connect to www.lockerz.com, including tracart, ping or whatnot.|
things I tried in my quest for an answer:
1) I checked the hosts file, its' not hijacked, heck im using mcaffee, nothing can pass it - and no, its' not the reason because i could go the website untill it stopped working for no apparent reason yesterday.
2) I checked alot of forums and nothing. nobody can figure it out. I reseted the windows' xp tcp/ip, I tried different DNS' (open dns, google dns).
3) I took my friends laptop and connected it directly to my socket to check if the ISP\IP are faulty, and no, the website works just fine on his laptop - which means the problem is my pc.
4) I tried removing the network adapter, LITTERALY out of the pc, reinstall it, and no, it still hasn't worked.
5) I reinstalled internet explorer, tried firefox, opera, chrome and safari, but still, this single website, doesn't load.
6) I even added the websites' own IP to my hosts file just incase my windows can't resolve the hostname on its own, and still it doesn't work.
7) Tried ipconfig /flushdns + /release + /renew
Thanks alot in advance...
I do NOT want to reinstall win xp.. i really don't wanna go through the hell of reinstalling win xp...
my ISP is a university, and I have no router. that is, i connect to a socket in a wall in the dormitories which connects to the university's network. NO this is not the problem, since like I said, it works fine on another laptop. (and in a different room/socket - not my pc, but the website).