Can a WLAN USB Adapter be Used Like a Wireless Bridge?

June 24, 2012 at 21:51:24
Specs: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, 2.401 GHz / 2045 MB
I found in my stash from years back an ECS Elitegroup WLAN 11g USB Adapter and Dongle. I tried but failed to see if this would work. I am trying to see if having this plugged into a wired computer running XP would allow my Vista laptop to connect into it wireless, like a bridge. I can do it with two laptops running Vista. One is wired into router and I do some bridge network to make another laptop use its wireless connection into the wired laptop. I want to see if I can do the same with a desktop using that adapter. I just can not figure out how.
Thanks for any help.

Christian; GSPer; Borg; ninja; Time Lord... I am that hero! La resistenza è, ed è stato sempre, inutile.
I reply as fast as I can but could be hours or months.

See More: Can a WLAN USB Adapter be Used Like a Wireless Bridge?

Report •

June 25, 2012 at 07:34:07
To find out if this device has that capability you should search for the specifications for that device and read them.

It matters not how straight the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***

Report •

June 25, 2012 at 08:28:33
You can google how to do adhoc wifi networking which is what you are talking about or consider products like mhotspot or connectify to turn you wifi card into a hot spot.

Answers are only as good as the information you provide.
How to properly post a question:
Sorry no tech support via PM's

Report •

June 26, 2012 at 06:55:09
Wander, I have tried looking but not found anything specific to what I am trying to do. Trying to get a laptop to access the wireless USB running off a wired desktop. I think trying to make it like an access point in some sort of bridge configuration, but can not figure out if it is possible.

I reply as fast as I can, but it could be hours or months. Always busy.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question