cable cat5e screened

May 3, 2010 at 16:30:25
Specs: Windows XP
I want to use a cat5e screened cable how do I earth the screen , do I use one of the terminals on the
wall outlet? and do I terminate both ends of the screen?
Thanks Zenderon

See More: cable cat5e screened

Report •

May 3, 2010 at 17:39:12
The screen is normally connected to the screen of a router or switch, that itself is grounded by the power plug.

The original poster should always write the last response !!!
Let us know, if the problem is solved !!!

Report •

May 3, 2010 at 18:25:15
Thanks ...but maybe I was not clear in my description
I want to connect the router to a RJ45 wall plates on the ground floor to wall plates on the upper floor via screened cable
hope this is a bit clearer
thank you for your sharp response
Zenderon aka Rog

Report •

May 3, 2010 at 20:11:35
"I want to use a cat5e screened cable"

There is no such thing as "screened cable". I can only guess you mean SHIELDED cable [STP].

It has a "drain" wire. See here:

Report •

Related Solutions

May 4, 2010 at 09:07:49
All is clear now
didn't know about the drain wire
many Thanks

Report •

Ask Question