|Managed to fix it! If anyone else has this laptop and is having this issue you can solve it by resetting it to factory defaults. In order to do so, the instructions are as follows:- |
· Please back up the data before initiating recovery process as recovery results in data loss.
· Switch on the system and press ALT+F10 together. For this you will need to hold down ALT as soon as the Acer splash screen appears and repeatedly press F10. The window of opportunity is very small, so this may take a few attempts. Sometimes the computer might come up with “Windows edit boot options”, press “Enter” to get Acer E - Recovery Management.
· You will see the message ‘Windows is loading files’ and immediately following this the Acer E - Recovery Management screen will appear.
· Select restore system to factory defaults.
· Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery procedure.