Sort email

Apple Ipad 16gb tablet
August 27, 2010 at 07:51:53
Specs: Macintosh
Jan
Jun 17, 9:19 pm

I can sort my email by subject, date or sender in my regular email, but I can't figure out how to change the sorting when the email comes to my iPad. Can it be done?

--
JanG

archived from comp.mobile.ipad

See More: Sort email

Report •

August 27, 2010 at 07:53:05
DevilsPGD
Jun 18, 2:00 am

In message
<888345190298516605.008257jangro-pacbell....@news.giganews.com> Jan
<jan...@pacbell.net> was claimed to have wrote:

>I can sort my email by subject, date or sender in my regular email, but I can't figure out how to change the sorting when the email comes to my iPad. Can it be done?

Nopers.

GigaNews
Jun 18, 2:12 pm

Not the answer I wanted, but thanks ! (grin)
"DevilsPGD" <Still-Just-A-Rat-In-A-C...@crazyhat.net> wrote in message

archived from comp.mobile.ipad

Report •

August 27, 2010 at 07:54:27
DevilsPGD
Jun 18, 4:27 pm

In message <6-udnZzoY_tsK4bRnZ2dnUVZ_vidn...@giganews.com> "GigaNews"
<jan...@pacbell.net> was claimed to have wrote:
>Not the answer I wanted, but thanks ! (grin)

I decided to omit the rant about how pathetic the iPhone/iPad mail client is since really, it's one of the better mobile IMAP clients, despite it's limits. Whenever I get really mad at the iPhone/iPad mail client I pick up my Blackberry or WM6 device and it reminds me how much worse it could be.

Personally I get really frustrated with the "new 'x' on top" sort order,
to me it's like reading books backwards trying to figure out what went
on and why, especially in long involved multi-person discussions.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad

Report •

August 27, 2010 at 07:55:49
breadwiths...@fractious.net
Jun 18, 5:29 pm

DevilsPGD <Still-Just-A-Rat-In-A-C...@crazyhat.net> writes:
> In message <6-udnZzoY_tsK4bRnZ2dnUVZ_vidn...@giganews.com> "GigaNews"
> <jan...@pacbell.net> was claimed to have wrote:

> >Not the answer I wanted, but thanks ! (grin)

> I decided to omit the rant about how pathetic the iPhone/iPad mail client is since really, it's one of the better mobile IMAP clients, despite it's limits. Whenever I get really mad at the iPhone/iPad mail

Has anyone here used ibisMail? It came out about a year ago and appears to have last been updated three months ago in April. It's $8 in the app store. It looks like it takes features more seriously than Apple app which clearly trades off features for simplicity.

--

archived from comp.mobile.ipad

Report •
Related Solutions