Solved Remove apple 4 battery

December 6, 2014 at 01:11:20
Specs: Windows 7
Remove Apple 4 battery, phone got wet and needs to be dried with battery removed, undesrtand to submerge in dry rice

See More: Remove apple 4 battery

Report •

#1
December 6, 2014 at 01:27:50
✔ Best Answer

Report •

#2
December 6, 2014 at 10:25:39
There is no need to remove the battery at this point. Any damage that current flow can produce has already happened.

Report •

#3
December 6, 2014 at 12:34:41
Ha ving removed the baterry simply leave phone (cover open/removed) in a warm ventilated place... A cool to warm (NOT HOT) air fow from a hair dryer on gentle blow - and at a distance - will also help disperse misture.

The dry ice routine - what.s that all about!


Report •

Related Solutions

#4
December 6, 2014 at 13:22:56
Dry rice (not ice!) absorbs moisture.

Report •

#5
December 6, 2014 at 13:53:18
Silica gel does the same too, possibly even better? Used in many small, and not so, packages....

Meanwhile must either clean my specs., or get some gnu wuns...

Retires for hot chocky and cake...


Report •

#6
December 6, 2014 at 14:36:02
"Silica gel does the same too, possibly even better?"

It certainly does. But, in the average household (mine at any rate), it's easier to lay your hands on some rice than some silica gel.

message edited by ijack


Report •

#7
December 6, 2014 at 15:01:55
very true - although I was thinking of those innumerable wee packets that seem to arrive with almost anything that is in box these days...

message edited by trvlr


Report •

#8
December 8, 2014 at 07:04:44
Don't put those in the microwave. Bad things happen.

Report •

#9
December 8, 2014 at 11:14:15
Ohh. Do tell... Maybe little bitty bitty bang bangs, or maybe even large(r) bitty bitty bang bangs?

Report •

#10
December 8, 2014 at 12:40:30
No bang bangs. Just a putrid chemical reaction... Worse than burnt popcorn.

Not speaking from experience, of course.


Report •

#11
December 8, 2014 at 13:39:59
If per chance it converts, or goes to/emits silicon dioxide... (and that has a fishy smell of sorts...), then time to vent the room and clear out until it goes. Silicon dioxide is toxic; even in smallish doses/concentrations.

Often in days of olde if a silicon diode (rectifier) died (as in overheated and burned out) it could (would) emit silicon dioxide with the characteristic smell; and iIt was a sure sign that "sumat" of that style had burned out in equipment in question.


Report •

Ask Question