Playing internet videos on iPads/iPhones/iPod

Apple Ipad 16gb tablet
August 5, 2010 at 11:10:04
Specs: Macintosh
For Apple and web video beginners.

Always remember these videos you want to play from the Internet on any Apple device should be in the HTML5 format or they wont play at all. Today close to 25% of all internet videos are available in HTML5 format. The other 75% wont play on any Apple device. This is an Apple limitation related to internet Flash format. The friendly format is available mostly in YouTube so use the YouTube app included with your device. Also follow the link for an Apple list on iPad friendly videos on some websites. I couldn't find an Apple list for iPhones or iPods.
For iPads:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/ready-for...

1. If the videos stop playing in the middle It may be a slow connection or a connection not fast enough for high definition videos. So you need to insist a bit and try to reload the video, or a trick like Play/Stop several times and/or move the video scrubber playhead back and forth. A bit crazy but it works many times.

2. Or, and this is what I try to do: When the internet video is loading use the "Pause" button from the video bar on the window and wait for the entire video to load. Then you can play the video and it wont stop suddenly. Also tap pause, load enough video, and watch just this portion. Then again, pause, keep loading and watch another part and so on.

The other "simple" but expensive solution is to pay more for a higher connection plan.


See More: Playing internet videos on iPads/iPhones/iPod

Report •

#1
August 6, 2010 at 08:47:51
I have the same problem with high definition videos or movies and only in rare occasions I try to load in HD.

Report •

#2
August 16, 2010 at 01:07:32
I think we can explain it's jailbreak. We usually need the third party software. -- asharer

Report •

#3
August 16, 2010 at 18:14:30
Ok :) jailbreak it is

Report •
Related Solutions


Ask Question