picture on ipad

Apple Ipad 16gb tablet
August 31, 2010 at 15:59:48
Specs: Macintosh
bj
Jun 14, 12:21 pm

I took a picture (screen capture) on my iPad. Where does it "go" when I sync on the pc? Other than e-mailing it to myself, how can I see it on other than the iPad (& put on the iTouch)?

bj

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


See More: picture on ipad

Report •

#1
August 31, 2010 at 16:02:58
nospam
Jun 14, 12:28 pm

In article <Ns-dnT3APfmKyovRnZ2dnUVZ_t2dn...@giganews.com>, bj
<bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> I took a picture (screen capture) on my iPad. Where does it "go" when I sync on the pc Other than e-mailing it to myself, how can I see it on other than the iPad (& put on the iTouch)?

camera roll, same as on the ipod touch and iphone.


bj
Jun 14, 12:34 pm

"nospam" <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

news:140620101228024898%nospam@nospam.invalid...
> In article <Ns-dnT3APfmKyovRnZ2dnUVZ_t2dn...@giganews.com>, bj
> <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

>> I took a picture (screen capture) on my iPad. Where does it "go" when I sync on the pc? Other than e-mailing it to myself, how can I see it on other than the iPad (& put on the iTouch)?

> camera roll, same as on the ipod touch and iphone.

I see the picture on the iPad saved-pictures -- but what I want to know is where is it on my computer -- I'd like to put it on another device! It's a screen print of info I got using my iPad & want to carry with me on my Touch.

bj

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

#2
August 31, 2010 at 16:05:32
nospam
Jun 14, 12:38 pm

In article <OtWdnWPPVNuTx4vRnZ2dnUVZ_gSdn...@giganews.com>, bj
<bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> > camera roll, same as on the ipod touch and iphone.

> I see the picture on the iPad saved-pictures -- but what I want to know is where is it on my computer -- I'd like to put it on another device! It's a screen print of info I got using my iPad & want to carry with me on my Touch.

it isn't. for some stupid reason, itunes will not sync photos from the device.

you have to launch a photo app and pull it off the ipad in a separate step. anything that supports accessing photos from a digital camera (iphoto, lightroom, etc.) will work.

complain to apple


Doug Anderson
Jun 14, 12:51 pm

Michelle Steiner <miche...@michelle.org> writes:
> In article <140620101228024898%nos...@nospam.invalid>,
> nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> > > I took a picture (screen capture) on my iPad. Where does it "go" when I sync on the pc? Other than e-mailing it to myself, how can I see it on other than the iPad (& put on the iTouch)?

> > camera roll, same as on the ipod touch and iphone.

> Um, he wants to know where he can see it on his PC, not on his iPad. If it were a Mac, I could answer his question, but he has a PC.

Out of curiosity (from the still iPad-less), where would it go on a Mac? Into iPhoto's library?

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

#3
August 31, 2010 at 16:07:24
nospam
Jun 14, 1:06 pm

In article <w4ljahv9q0....@ethel.the.log>, Doug Anderson
<ethelthelogremovet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity (from the still iPad-less), where would it go on a Mac? Into iPhoto's library?

if you use iphoto yes.
if you use lightroom, no. if you use something else, no.
it shows up as a camera.
it's really stupid.


bj
Jun 14, 1:37 pm

Thanks. I figured it out, treating the 'pod as a camera, saving to a pc folder (using Win's wizard), then selecting that folder for syncing. Apparently iTunes doesn't recognize sub-sub-folders for sync-sources? or am I missing something else?

Or, it's not that hard to email & then save-image from there if it's not a lot of pix.
bj


DevilsPGD
Jun 14, 3:20 pm

In message <kdWdnTQrP55n9YvRnZ2dnUVZ_tOdn...@giganews.com> "bj"
<bjone...@bellatlantic.net> was claimed to have wrote:

>Or, it's not that hard to email & then save-image from there if it's not a lot of pix.

You can select multiple pictures at once too, if you so desire.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

Related Solutions

#4
August 31, 2010 at 16:09:16
DevilsPGD
Jun 14, 3:21 pm

In message <140620101306494570%nos...@nospam.invalid> nospam
<nos...@nospam.invalid> was claimed to have wrote:

>it shows up as a camera.
>it's really stupid.

Showing up as a camera is a *really* nice feature, since it makes the photos available without iTunes.

However, iTunes' inability to also access and synchronize these photos is a bit less well thought out.

Just another sign that Apple's first concern isn't user experience.


nospam
Jun 14, 3:28 pm

In article <670d169p5q0m53v927iji4i8qmrb8pc...@4ax.com>, DevilsPGD
<Still-Just-A-Rat-In-A-C...@crazyhat.net> wrote:

> >it shows up as a camera.
> >it's really stupid.
> Showing up as a camera is a *really* nice feature, since it makes the
> photos available without iTunes.

true, if you only want the photos. most people plug it in and sync.

> However, iTunes' inability to also access and synchronize these photos is a bit less well thought out.

it's not thought out at all. someone probably said do it this way and that was that.

> Just another sign that Apple's first concern isn't user experience.

most of the time it is but sometimes they do some very stupid things.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

#5
August 31, 2010 at 16:10:25
Paul
Jun 14, 4:14 pm

Just look under My Computer, you should find your ipad as device and you can view it like a disk drive, just drag it off to whereever you want. Simples !

Paul


DevilsPGD
Jun 14, 4:54 pm

In message <140620101528069993%nos...@nospam.invalid> nospam
<nos...@nospam.invalid> was claimed to have wrote:

>In article <670d169p5q0m53v927iji4i8qmrb8pc...@4ax.com>, DevilsPGD

><Still-Just-A-Rat-In-A-C...@crazyhat.net> wrote:

>> >it shows up as a camera.
>> >it's really stupid.

>> Showing up as a camera is a *really* nice feature, since it makes the photos available without iTunes.

>true, if you only want the photos. most people plug it in and sync.

Some of the time, yes. However, exposing photos directly rather than requiring iTunes allows you to connect directly to a printer, or print your photos at Walmart or whatever too.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

#6
August 31, 2010 at 16:12:07
nospam
Jun 14, 5:10 pm

In article <625d169tmet195u5s4ic47juseej87e...@4ax.com>, DevilsPGD
<Still-Just-A-Rat-In-A-C...@crazyhat.net> wrote:

> >> Showing up as a camera is a *really* nice feature, since it makes the photos available without iTunes.

> >true, if you only want the photos. most people plug it in and sync.

> Some of the time, yes. However, exposing photos directly rather than requiring iTunes allows you to connect directly to a printer, or print your photos at Walmart or whatever too.

true. i'm not saying remove that ability, just that itunes should sync everything, not everything except one thing.

another stupid one is notes is synced to apple mail on a mac (no idea where it goes on windows). not only are notes not email, but what about all the people who don't use apple mail?

you can't even run apple mail to see the notes without setting it up for an email account somewhere, at which point it's going to potentially pull down all your email, depending on how it's set up.


Robert Haar
Jun 14, 9:02 pm

On 6/14/10 1:06 PM, "nospam" <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <w4ljahv9q0....@ethel.the.log>, Doug Anderson

> <ethelthelogremovet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Out of curiosity (from the still iPad-less), where would it go on a Mac? Into iPhoto's library?

> if you use iphoto yes.
> if you use lightroom, no. if you use something else, no.
> it shows up as a camera.
> it's really stupid.

It seems logical to me. When you take pictures with phone or iPad, it is acting as a camera. Those photos are brought into whatever default application you have for importing photos from a camera.

Don't complain. Apple is being consistent.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

#7
August 31, 2010 at 16:13:57
nospam
Jun 14, 9:11 pm

In article <C83C496B.499254%bobh...@me.com>, Robert Haar
<bobh...@me.com> wrote:

> It seems logical to me. When you take pictures with phone or iPad, it is acting as a camera. Those photos are brought into whatever default application you have for importing photos from a camera.

> Don't complain. Apple is being consistent.

no they aren't being consistent. itunes syncs everything (email, notes, bookmarks, calendar, apps, music, etc.), and photos *to* the device but it doesn't sync photos *from* the device. it requires a whole separate app.


DevilsPGD
Jun 14, 9:54 pm

In message <140620102111096572%nos...@nospam.invalid> nospam
<nos...@nospam.invalid> was claimed to have wrote:
>In article <C83C496B.499254%bobh...@me.com>, Robert Haar
><bobh...@me.com> wrote:

>> It seems logical to me. When you take pictures with phone or iPad, it is acting as a camera. Those photos are brought into whatever default application you have for importing photos from a camera. Don't complain. Apple is being consistent.

>no they aren't being consistent. itunes syncs everything (email, notes, bookmarks, calendar, apps, music, etc.), and photos *to* the device but it doesn't sync photos *from* the device. it requires a whole separate app.

Apple is doing the right thing exposing the device as a camera, all that is needed to complete the experience is to sync pictures through the existing camera interfaces.


Larry
Jun 16, 12:52 am

nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote in news:140620101306494570%
nos...@nospam.invalid:

> it's really stupid.

I can't believe you said that....

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

Ask Question