Getting a Refund for Lame Apps

Apple Ipad 16gb tablet
August 16, 2010 at 14:17:40
Specs: Macintosh
nospam

In article <9sac66d0hhslck25q4cnidf6u0e2kh2...@4ax.com>, C. Davey Utter
<CDa...@spamex.com> wrote:
> Say you buy an app that turns out to be a POS. Is there any way to get a refund? I realize I should have read the reviews and ratings, and will do so in future, but I sure would like my .99 cents back!

normally no but if you make a good case you might be able to.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


See More: Getting a Refund for Lame Apps

Report •

#1
August 16, 2010 at 14:22:23
nospam

More options Aug 14, 11:38 am
In article <jollyroger-53307D.08565214082...@news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyro...@pobox.com> wrote:

> > Say you buy an app that turns out to be a POS. Is there any way toget a refund? I realize I should have read the reviews and ratings, and will do so in future, but I sure would like my .99 cents back!

> The only one that can answer this question authoritatively is the author of the application.

actually, it's apple.


DevilsPGD

In message <jollyroger-53307D.08565214082...@news.individual.net> Jolly
Roger <jollyro...@pobox.com> was claimed to have wrote:
>In article <9sac66d0hhslck25q4cnidf6u0e2kh2...@4ax.com>,
> C. Davey Utter <CDa...@spamex.com> wrote:

>> Say you buy an app that turns out to be a POS. Is there any way to get a refund? I realize I should have read the reviews and ratings, and will do so in future, but I sure would like my .99 cents back!

>The only one that can answer this question authoritatively is the author of the application.

That is actually not correct, authors don't have the ability to issue
refunds within the iTunes AppStore. Authors could refund out of their
pocket outside the AppStore, but that's not a great idea since the
customer could also pursue a refund within the AppStore and double-dip.

As far as actually getting refunds, write to Apple and make your case.
If you justify how your expectations weren't met you'll probably get a
refund, or at least that's been my experience with a couple apps that
just didn't do what they described.

Interestingly you do still get free updates of the app -- One app that I
got refunded eventually fixed up all the crashes, when I tried it again
it was still a "You've already purchased this..." free download.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

#2
August 16, 2010 at 14:26:22
Jolly Roger

I stand corrected. Still, it would helpful to contact the author and let them know you aren't satisfied.
--
Sent from my iPad


Steve Hix

In article <9sac66d0hhslck25q4cnidf6u0e2kh2...@4ax.com>,
C. Davey Utter <CDa...@spamex.com> wrote:

> Say you buy an app that turns out to be a POS. Is there any way to get a refund? I realize I should have read the reviews and ratings, and will do so in future, but I sure would like my .99 cents back!

"Cave emptor" applies.
And that's about all that does.


DevilsPGD
In message
<454047502303497779.063345jollyroger-pobox....@news.individual.net>
Jolly Roger <jollyro...@pobox.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>Still, it would helpful to contact the author and let them know you aren't satisfied.

Yeah absolutely. I've been amazed how responsive many AppStore app
authors are, not only in terms of responding but in terms of actually
adding features or making minor changes.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

#3
August 16, 2010 at 14:30:54
Peter Bruells

C. Davey Utter <CDa...@spamex.com> writes:

> Say you buy an app that turns out to be a POS. Is there any way to get a refund? I realize I should have read the reviews and ratings, and will do so in future, but I sure would like my .99 cents back!

While I may undestand the point with a $8+ app that's a total dud, I can but wonder who can afford and $500 iPad or iPhone and yet earns not enough, so that making the effort of getting a $1 refund is worth his while.


Jolly Roger

In article <m2sk2ggurq....@rogue.de>, Peter Bruells <user...@rogue.de>
wrote:
> C. Davey Utter <CDa...@spamex.com> writes:

> > Say you buy an app that turns out to be a POS. Is there any way to get a refund? I realize I should have read the reviews and ratings, and will do so in future, but I sure would like my .99 cents back!

While I may undestand the point with a $8+ app that's a total dud, I can but wonder who can afford and $500 iPad or iPhone and yet earns not enough, so that making the effort of getting a $1 refund is worth his while.

Probably a kid whose parents bought the thing for him.
--
Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me. E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM filter. Due to Google's refusal to prevent spammers from posting messages through their servers, I often ignore posts from Google Groups. Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts.

JR

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

Related Solutions

#4
August 16, 2010 at 14:33:46
Alan Browne

On 10-08-14 1:39 , C. Davey Utter wrote:
> Say you buy an app that turns out to be a POS. Is there any way to get a refund? I realize I should have read the reviews and ratings, and will do so in future, but I sure would like my .99 cents back!

It used to be that you would pay .99 to 999.99 or more for an application and as soon as you broke the seal on the package, that was it: you bought it.

The "apps" experience means you can get an awful lot of apps for .99 to 9.99 or whatever. Paying .99 to find out something is a POS is not a bad thing if you buy 25 apps a year and only a few are bad.

The time it would take to get your .99 back is probably worth a hell of a lot more than .99. Forego the "money back for bad goods" principle. Word spreads that apps are crap just as word spreads that apps are great. Or just stick to the best rated and most DL'd apps.
--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

archived from comp.mobile.ipad


Report •

Ask Question