y cable for keyboard

Microsoft Windows 7 home premium
July 21, 2011 at 19:03:59
Specs: Windows 7 & XP, 4gb
I would like to have a y cable for my keyboard. I have two computers and would like to run both with a single keyboard. The two computers would NOT be run at the same time. The cable would have to have one female and 2 male mini din connectors. Do they make such a thing? If so, where could I find one?

See More: y cable for keyboard

Report •

July 21, 2011 at 20:06:52
is that a trick question? Do yourself a favor and go to a thrift store and buy a used usb keyboard....$5 tops...usually $1

Some HELP in posting on Computing.net plus free progs and instructions Cheers

Report •

July 21, 2011 at 20:31:34
"The cable would have to have one female and 2 male mini din connectors. "

There is such a thing meant for older laptops that have only one PS/2 port, but one of the two ouputs is wired up for a PS/2 mouse, the other for a PS/2 keyboard
(The single PS/2 port on laptops, and both PS/2 ports on a few old desktop mboards, is/are wired up such that either a PS/2 mouse or a PS/2 keyboard will work, or by means of a such a Y cable, both can be used at the same time.)

You could buy the three required connectors and wire up such a Y cable yourself, but I very much doubt you'll find one that's already available meant for that purpose.

Most people use a KVM switch box.

KVM switch

I did find this....

Input Director software (freeware)


Report •

July 21, 2011 at 20:46:43
KVM switch is what I am using now but wanted to get rid of it.
Thanks for a more sensible answer Tubesandwires.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question