What do I need to connect external hard drive

November 15, 2010 at 11:50:31
Specs: Windows Vista
It's a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB 3.5-inch Hard Drive (7200 RPM, 32 MB Cache)

See More: What do I need to connect external hard drive

Report •

November 15, 2010 at 12:17:47
You need whatever type of connecting cable is used by the external drive enclosure. The drive model you listed is a bare drive - the specs say nothing about any enclosure - so you'll need to provide more information about your external enclosure if you want help determining the appropriate connector type.

Report •

November 15, 2010 at 13:42:32
You will need an external enclosure designed to take that drive. It may need to be a powered enclosure since the drive is designed for internal use and requires a 12V power connection. Purpose-built "Portable" drives that require only USB connection run on 5V USB power.

Goin' Fishin' (Some day)

Report •

November 16, 2010 at 11:10:21
My pc is a E-System - Ei 401 model. I bought the drive as the memory on the c drive is full. But the cables that came with it seem to be for internal installation and I wanted external installation. Is it just a USB connection I need or a specific cable. Any help would be gratefully received?


Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question