Many times when I try to eject my USB drive with "Safely remove hardware" button from the system tray, I get an error message "The device generic volume cannot be stopped now. Try stopping the device again later". I tried the following options and some of them work sometimes, not always.
1. Tried ejecting later. This one mostly will not work.
2. Kill explorer.exe from task manager and restart it. This one works 50% of the time, not always.
3. Tried USB disk ejector. Mostly doesn't work.
4. Tried unlocker. This one says the USB disk is not locked by any process.
5. Tried process explorer to see if any process has a lock on the usb drive. In most cases, it says nothing has a lock on the drive.
Can some one point me a better free software that can free up the usb drive?