|I know a friend who took her laptop to "best buy" (ha, yea right), they said she needed a new laptop. Turns out the AC adapter was bad. Amazing what "repair shops" tell people:|
- Did they open the laptop case and actually LOOK at the motherboard components?
- Did they look at or test AC connector on the motherboard?
- Did they test the AC adapter?
- Did they test the power switch?
- Did they test the RAM, HDD, DVD/CD-ROM?
- You replaced the mobo? Your expertise level is?
- Were the same components (fans, ram, cpu) from the old motherboard used on the new motherboard?
- Was replacement mobo new, used, refurbished, warranty?
Yes, with troubled units, report any lights - glowing steady or flashing repeatedly, colors & locations of the lights, are there any sounds - grinding, whirring, beeping, speaker noises, fans, does LCD light up at all, error mesages on the LCD screen ---- anything at all that can help a tech diagnose the system?
MOOOOooove! OH and you're welcome!