Tables with built-in switches

May 3, 2010 at 13:38:51
Specs: Windows Vista
I'm asking here since I figure some might understand what I'm talking about, or have dealt with.

Anyone know where to find/purchase tables that have switches built in? I used them once before over in Germany with an Army unit I worked with, and now I'm trying to find some now for my current job. All my contacts from Germany are gone, and I don't know what they are called except "tables with switches inside them".

Anyone else seen these before, and know where to grab a few?

See More: Tables with built-in switches

Report •

May 3, 2010 at 14:59:31
What do these 'tables with switches' do?

The three most important things in computing:
1. Backups, 2. Backups and 3. Backups.

Report •

May 3, 2010 at 15:49:34
like and other switch. they would daisy chain tables the tables one to another from a main switch/router. then the people would plug the computer into the RJ45 jacks on the underside of the table. Also had power outlets. Kind of took everything that was on the wall, and put it on the underside of the table and inside the table.

Report •

May 3, 2010 at 16:15:02
I suspect such things were custom built for the German military.

In most situations such infrastructure is contained within wall/floor conduits etc. For health & Safety reasons.

Goin' Fishin' (Some day)

Report •

Related Solutions

May 3, 2010 at 16:48:12
it was for the US Army, but i suppose so. I can't get find the suppliers now...

Report •

May 3, 2010 at 22:09:10
You mgiht try 'lab bench' instead of 'table' and google something like
"lab benches" catalog and see what you get.

But it sounds like it wouldn't be very hard to build what you need.

You're not really green until you're soylent green.

Report •

Ask Question