|All right. I've been having these issues for some time, and I can only assume that they're pointing toward something. There is quite a few of them, so please bear with me.|
1. Hibernation in Windows 7 is completely unusable- it will not work at all. When enabled and activated by either closing the lid or manually clicking the hibernate button, it simply kicks back to the login screen with the laptop still fully powered on. I've been using Sleep Mode to circumvent this issue, though I would still prefer Hibernation Mode. It's been like this since I purchased the laptop.
2. Long bootup times began suddenly around two months ago- and only seem to affect my Windows installation- Ubuntu boots as quickly as it ever did. It also takes some time (around 2-3 minutes) once the desktop is loaded for programs to actually become usable.
3. Seemingly random Windows Disk Check on startup- occasionally after running Ubuntu, and sometimes just at random intervals. I've let it run fully through multiple times with no errors found.
4. Chrome hangs, Unity Web Player crashes, Explorer occasionally completely stops responding, etc.
5. When the battery becomes so low that the laptop would normally shut down, it simply goes to a black screen and will still make noise when typing or if a video/program was running when it went black. It will do this right up until I either force shut down the computer or the battery completely dies.
That's all of the main issues I can remember at the moment. I will post the system specifications below, as the specifications in my signature are for my desktop computer.
Acer Aspire 5742
Intel Core i3 @ 2.53GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel HD Graphics
500GB HDD (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit)
I don't know the brand name of the HDD, as I've never bothered to check. If needed, though, I can certainly do that. With these issues, though, I can only assume it's some sort of hardware issue.
Thank you in advance!
MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard
Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD (Windows 7 Ultimate)
Toshiba 2TB HDD
message edited by Comguy