|Extract from your manual.|
"Following discs are recommended for good recording quality and are proven to be compatible with this unit.
However, depending on the media condition, the unit may not read the disc properly.
Verbatim DVD+R 8x, DVD+RW 4x, DVD-R 8x, DVD-RW 2x
JVC DVD-RW 4x
Maxell DVD+R 4x/8x/16x, DVD-R 8x/16x
SONY DVD+R 4x/8x/16x, DVD+RW 4x
TDK DVD+R 4x/8x/16x
Performance of any other discs are not guaranteed.
• Toshiba is not liable for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly by the malfunction of this recorder, including, without limitation, any one of the following:
• Failure to record contents intended to be recorded by the consumer.
• Failure to edit contents as intended by the consumer.
• When a DVD-RW/-R, DVD+RW/+R disc created on this recorder is used (e.g., insertion, playback, recording or editing) in another DVD player, recorder or personal computer drive.
• When a DVD-RW/-R, DVD+RW/+R disc that is used in the manner described in the immediately preceding bullet point is used again in this recorder.
• When a DVD-RW/-R, DVD+RW/+R disc that was recorded in another DVD recorder, or in a personal computer drive is used in this recorder.
• Some functions may not work with personal computer discs.
• Discs recorded in this recorder may not operate as expected on other DVD players, recorders or personal computer drives."