• Class action lawsuits: Bait and switch, false advertising, Worker issues.
• Their customer service sucks. I love it when I call ah “Bob” (in India), and he takes my phone number in order to call me back, JUST IN CASE we get disconnected.
• Dell motherboard capacitor issue (was bad). They extended warranties (from 3 to 5 yrs out from date of Mfgr) on these MB’s to cover the issue, but then when too many MB’s came back, they decided to eliminate the warranty earlier than originally intended.
• I love it when they change their Dell websites around every 6-9 months, especially support sites. Old links don't work, I have to DIG for information.
• A few years back, they had XP drivers for some older Latitudes, then they pulled them off the site and only Windows 2000 drivers were available. Couldn’t be collusion in b/w Dell & MS could it? Nah, they’d never do that.
• Aftermarket RAM doesn’t always work in their PCs, it’s a p.i.t.a.
• They are very proprietary, even from model year to model year.