Solved Operating System

November 3, 2011 at 17:13:26
Specs: Win

1. A retail box OS win 7 bought from Nepal and India can be used in the UK?
2. A pc bought from Nepal and India can similarly be used in the UK???

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

See More: Operating System

Report •

November 3, 2011 at 17:34:21
✔ Best Answer
As far as the Microsoft licence to use the Windows 7 DVD, or the Windows 7 installation on the PC, in the UK is concerned, the answer is probably on the Microsoft web site.
As far as I know there should be no problem with that.
The DVD may have printing on it, or printing on it's packaging, or information included with it that mentions that.

A PC can be either a desktop computer, or a laptop or netbook computer.

I have no idea whether where it was bought uses 110 v AC or 220 v AC voltage.

The UK uses 220 v AC voltage.

The PC if it's a desktop computer must be set on it's power supply at the back of the case to use 220 at the recessed slide switch. It must be slid all the way to one side so that 220 is showing on it.

The PC if it's a laptop or netbook computer must have an AC adapter meant for use with a 220 v AC source.

The UK does have a requirement for the power cord of a desktop computer. It must have a fuse in the plug at the wall end. If your PC does not have that you can probably easily buy that cord locally in the UK from a place that has computer parts.
I don't know if that applies to the AC end of a laptop or netbook's AC adapter cord.
(I'm in Canada.)

Report •

November 3, 2011 at 18:29:58
Thanks for your information. I will ask a retailer before I open it to install it. Similarly, I will check the PSU of a PC before I will go with. Thank you very much again for your speedy response.

Report •

November 3, 2011 at 18:42:55
Thanks for the thanks.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question