old computer hookup

Packard bell / 2
July 22, 2010 at 09:59:46
Specs: packard bell
Where is the physical hookup for the mouse and/or keyboard for an old packard bell computer?

See More: old computer hookup

Report •

July 22, 2010 at 10:13:18
Which packard bell? Look for ps/2 ports (back of pc case)

Report •

July 22, 2010 at 10:43:23
Look for a port or ports that the connectors on the end of the cord for a mouse or keyboard will physically plug into. If those are round, they're probably PS/2 ports. If there is only one PS/2 port. if it's a desktop computer, it's for a keyboard only. If there are two PS/2 ports, one is for a keyboard, it's often colored purple, the other is for a mouse, it's often colored green.
Plug a USB mouse or keyboard into a USB port if the computer has one or more. (A really old Packard Bell may not have USB ports.)
If the hard drive has Win 95 or later installed on it, you may not be able to move a USB mouse's cursor until the desktop screen has loaded. In that case, if you need to Login while booting, press the Tab key to toggle which thing is selected, press Enter to select the user.

Look on the outside of the case for a label with the model number on it, tell us what that is.

If the Packard Bell computer was sold in North America and sold before about 2001, there has not been a North American Packard Bell web site since about 2001, but there are some third party sites that have info about such old models.

If the Packard Bell computer was sold in other than North America after about 2001, go here:
choose a country, choose Support, find your model - there is usually a manual in the downloads for the model

Report •

July 22, 2010 at 12:22:30
If it's really old, it might have an AT keyboard connector and use a serial port for the mouse.

AT keyboard connectors

Serial Port

HTPC | Pentium M @ 2.82GHz, 2MB L2) | 4GB | 1.0TB | Radeon HD5750
Blu-Ray | Win7 Pro | HDMI out to Onkyo TX-SR707

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question