Netbook power adapter, fried?

March 11, 2011 at 19:12:38
Specs: Windows XP
I just got my new Netbook laptop in the mail today. I have never owned a laptop before but I read over the instructions carefully. I decided I would begin by charging my laptop first so I could get it up and running. I plugged in the adapter and when I went to plug it into the outlet in the wall, there were sparks. I unplugged the adapter from my laptop and tried plugging the adapter into the outlet again and there were sparks again. I think that the adapter may be fried. when I tap it on my hand, I can hear what sounds like springs on the inside of it. The outlet is good, I plugged other things into it, but I am not sure how to know if the adapter is fried or not for sure,and I am afraid of getting shocked to try plugging it in again. What would have caused this? And how will I know if my laptop was affected from the first time I tried plugging in the adapter to charge it?

See More: Netbook power adapter, fried?

Report •


#1
March 11, 2011 at 19:21:01
You got the shaft x2.

1. You got a shoddy product (companies will try to pawn off their garbage to unsuspecting customers).

2. You decided to buy a Netbook. Netbooks are junk (see post #4 HERE). I'd send that thing back & get a laptop if you need mobile computer. If you don't need a mobile computer, get a desktop PC.

Just another stupid saying...


Report •

#2
March 11, 2011 at 19:29:20
Do you think that it is just the adapter that is crap? I mean, will I still be able to use the laptop itself? It was a gift that someone bought and had sent to me. I have never heard of netbook but since i didn't pay for it I didn't mind.
If it is just the adapter that is crap, would I be able to buy a new one for my netbook? I have know nothing about laptops and am worried that the shock to the adapter may have messed up the laptop itself, but I don't know how to find out if it did bc the laptop is not charged since I just received it and I do not want to risk damaging the netbook if it is just the adapter.

Report •

#3
March 12, 2011 at 08:15:59
Are you in the UK? I'm wondering about the electrical ratings on that Netbook & power adapter. The power adapter could be bad yes, and it could have carried through to the Netbook too, no way to tell w/o testing it.

Sparks...wow....that really sucks.

Just another stupid saying...


Report •

Related Solutions


Ask Question