needing a part

Raidmax Rx-700ss 700w power supply
May 7, 2010 at 20:44:41
Specs: Windows Vista
I was wanting to know if any body knows where i can just get the cables for this power supply. I took my husband compurter into the shop for repairs and they said i need a new power supply and the power supply i listed above is what they put in it. Well I got it home and my dvd port did not work come to find out they never hooked up the wire to it. So I asked them to do that and they said they cant cuz they no longer have the extra wires that came with it. I cant tell you what they did with my wires but I need them in order for stuff on my compurter to work. I dont want to buy a hole another power supply just 4 the wires. It is costly. Besides I dont need the main unit only the cables. Does any body know how I can go about finding out how to get just the wires thank you

See More: needing a part

Report •

May 7, 2010 at 21:10:58
Raidmax does not make a great power supply & the specs for the RX-700SS are mediocre at best. I've seen this particular unit for about $75 but personally wouldn't even consider it.

It's a modular unit which means the cables are can be added or removed as needed. Here's the list of connectors from the above link...the ones you need to be concerned with are in bold:

1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V (4/8Pin)
6 x peripheral
6 x SATA
2 x PCI-E
2 x Floppy

In other words, you potentially have 12 connections for hard drives and/or CD/DVD drives so there should be plenty of plugs to go around. All these cables *should* have been included.

I don't know why you would need a 700W unit unless you have a high end gaming machine, but my guess is the shop ripped you off.

Report •

May 8, 2010 at 09:49:05
Our compurter is a high gaming compurter. The unit did come with the wires but all the shop did was put the ones in needed but he for got to put the one in for our dvd player and i needed the extra wire to hook up my extra memory slot when i picked up my unit after he repaired it all he gave me was my compurter back he didnt give me the box or extra wires that the power unit came in so there for i dont have the wires i need i asked for them but he said he no longer had them. so there for i need the wires but dont want the hole power supply thats why I was asking if anybody would know how I would go about getting them but thanks for the info some of it was very helpful have a good day

Report •

May 8, 2010 at 11:18:39
"i needed the extra wire to hook up my extra memory slot"

Memory slots don't use "wires".

"The unit did come with the wires but all the shop did was put the ones in needed"

Then they ripped you off, plain & simple. You shouldn't be posting in a forum, you should be raising hell with the shop that worked on your PC. You paid for the power supply unit & ALL the cables that came with it. I highly doubt they just threw out the unused cables. If they say they don't have them, tell them to open another box & give you the cables that you were entitled to in the 1st place. Then they can screw the next person that buys the same unit...apparently that's their policy anyway.

Report •

Related Solutions

May 8, 2010 at 20:20:21
I did raise hell but do any good I still need the wires thats why I am asking if anybody knows where i can go just to get the wires and maybe I did not exsplain it right its not a memory card wire its self I need. I know they dont have wires
but the part I need does need wires in order for it to work the guy just called it a memory card I think what it is really called is a hard drive thats stores on your info like your pict and stuff but thanks for trying. I know it has place on the back that takes wires that must be installed in order for it to work. but thanks for your input so if there is any body out there knows what the wire is even called or where i can go on the net to look it up so I can purchase them it self please let me know. I know one end of the wire that goes into the power supply is a 4 prong and the othere end is also a 4 prong female end and then i also need the 4 prong on one end and the other end to fit for the back of a dvd player that takes in disc thanks again every body

Report •

May 8, 2010 at 20:56:12
This is so friggin stupid. You wanna know where you can get the cables? From the shop that did the repair! You already paid for them, go back & demand NOT take 'no' for an answer! Why are you doing the dirty work anyway? Tell your husband to grow a pair, go to the shop & stand up for his rights!

Report •

May 8, 2010 at 21:29:02
Response Number 5 is the solution to your problems. I can promise you they'd give me the cables.


Report •

May 10, 2010 at 07:04:53
I know everbody wants to put there input on stuff about the shop but its not helping me at all. I know I was done wrong by the shop but the fact still stands i need the cables. I tried getting them back from the shop but no luck and its not worth yelling to the point it will get me into trouble with the law or pay high courth cost. so if anybody has info on where i can get just the wires please let me know. and its not stupid to avoid drama im not a drama queen. i hate drama i void it at all cost. I am trying to hook up my hard drive into my husband compurter to save all my pict since my compurter crashed so i need them wires. The pict i want to get off of it can not be replaced there of my kids from child hood and my daughter and grandaughter that i lost in a fire and of my grandbabies so u see thats why its inportent to me to get those wires so noughthing else matters not the shop. im not here to here stuff i already know i just want advice on if anybody know where i can go on line just to get the wires thats what this sight is for people who knows to answer if they have info that can help. so please only respond back if you have the answer I need thank you

Report •

May 10, 2010 at 09:11:01
You were already given the answer you need! It's not about being a "drama queen", it's about standing up for your rights. You paid for the cables & the shop didn't give them to you. They ripped you off & you're letting them get away with it. And just as Skip said, I guarantee you that if the same thing happened to me, I WOULD be walking out of there with the cables that were rightfully mine. I wouldn't lay down & let them walk all over me. And what kind of pussie is your husband that he's making you do all the dirty work? I feel sorry for you.

Your only other alternative is to buy the exact same power supply & use the cables that you need from the box. The cables are NOT sold separately. For what it's worth, you can try contacting RaidMax directly to see if they'll help you out.

Report •

Ask Question