need help with graphics card

December 27, 2011 at 16:37:03
Specs: Windows Vista, core 2 due/ 4.00GB
i got a dell vostro 220s slim and want to buy this graphics card

and i was wondering if i need to get a new power supply or not, current power supply is at 250w, also if i do can you please help me find one, also if you don't think this graphics card is good can you please direct me to one and it need to be low profile.

See More: need help with graphics card

Report •

December 27, 2011 at 16:53:17
That card only draws 20W, which is less than 2A@12V. Depending on your 12V amp rating and the other hardware in your system you may be able to get by.

What games are you looking to play? That would determine what you need.

The Dell link below has some specs on that unit but it doesn't give the power supply specs or the processor type so I can't calculate the load or available amps on the 12V rail.

If you go to the Dell site and enter the service tag number from the rear of the case you should be able to get the exact specs.

As far as a graphics card goes, you need a low profile card. The card you listed has a low profile bracket included. If you get anything that would be considered med to high end, you will need to change the power supply.

Report •

December 27, 2011 at 17:44:31
i will like to play most of the modern games such as battle filed 3, mw3, assassin creed ... so do you think this graphics card will allow me to play the?
would i also be able to get a normal graphics card if i change my power supply?
if yes would you help me find one for a slim case

Report •

December 27, 2011 at 18:21:08
The low profile card is needed because of your case. The power supply would need to be replaced if you get a more powerful graphics card.

I am not a gamer so I will let someone else comment on a suitable card. Keep in mind that there are many good cards that come in low profile configuration. Low profile means the mounting bracket is shorter. Of course the card can't be any taller than that bracket.

Report •

Related Solutions

December 28, 2011 at 00:29:55
That video card will not play new titles, u need a low profile gaming card like hd 6670 or 5670. The 250 W unit is real problem, u need to change it if u want to play those games u mentioned.

You know the real meaning of peace only if you have been through the war.

Report •

December 28, 2011 at 15:19:17
so does anyone know a good power supply that will fit the slim case to be able to use the graphic cards mentioned by Kuwese

Report •

December 29, 2011 at 08:43:22
Post all the information from the label on your current power supply. There are specs that go hand in hand with the label. For instance the most common type of power supply is labeled ATX. There are many versions of ATX. I suspect your power supply will have different letters and a version/rev. number.

Report •

Ask Question