|I have not started doing it yet.|
I wanna build a PC that supports a windows OS from the 9x family (except 95).
People here suggests win98se, so be it, a fully functional hardware where 98se can be installed and ran smoothly, with games intended for playing in those times, both windows and DOS based (JCorps, Duke3d, Claw, Doom, VCop 2, Jardinains, Icytower, every little one i missed).
Not just games, thinking of including -
Office (older version if required)
PageMaker utility (does adobe works? idk)
Codecs to support ALL video and audio formats (something like VLC?)
C and C developing environment (wont be of much trouble i guess)
support for CD rom writing, USB and its devices support, USB booting (even if through any third party floppy bootloader utility)
Now all said, I need a old PC for this
Again there are two options -
1. Buying an already working full PC
2. Assemble hardware parts and make a PC.
I tried option 1 but nobody sells older PCs in Dibrugarh, India. so heres the main queations now -
1. Where can I get an old PC?
2. If I assemble old parts, what should I collect to be able to run 98SE smoothly?
3. Where am I possibly getting this old hardware too?
4. Anything else you experts feel like I missed, do say it.
P.S. Say anything about software, anything, I'll get you. But hardware, sorry. I am not into hardware, so be gentle. LOL. Gentle in the sense I can understand it. (I tried most of the external links but they are too difficult for me to understand)