|When the printer encounters a problem, there should be an icon in your taskbar on the bottom right of your main desktop screen that looks like a tiny printer. You may need to click on < at the left end of the icons there to reveal it. If you see that, RIGHT click on it and cancel the printing jobs or select Cancel all Documents|
Go to Control Panel
- Click on the View by drop down menu arrow, and select (which inserts a dot) Large icons, or Small icons.
- select Printers
Double click on the icon for your printer model that has the white checkmark on the green circle.
Click on the Printer tab
Select Cancel all Documents
- if you have a desktop computer, the printer may not work properly when it's USB cable is plugged into a port on the front of the case - try plugging it into a port on the back of the case.
- if you have a laptop or netbook computer, the printer may not work properly unless it's plugged into a USB port that's built into the computer's case
- for any computer, the printer may not work properly when it's plugged into an external multi-port USB hub that plugs into one port on the computer.
- if you have an inkjet printer, the printer will not print if it detects it doesn't have enough of any of it's ink colors .