|"....after I switch on the laptop the LEDs are lighting only for 1 minute and then everything is closing (no sound nothing). How would it link to the display."|
You simply connect a VGA video cable from a monitor to the VGA port built into the laptop, if you don't get a display look in your manual for what key combo you need to press, but the leds MUST stay ON.
If the leds DO NOT stay on, you have a main battery problem, or a charging of the main battery problem, or a problem with the AC adapter or the jack in plugs into,
that is ALSO common,
OR - your laptop is damaged.
Have you, or is it possible someone else who had access to this computer...
- dropped it, or dropped anything on it, or otherwise exposed it to a physical jolt ?
- spilled liquid on it, or sprayed it with liquid, or exposed it to liquid such as rain ?
Has there been a power failure event that happened recently while the AC adapter was plugged in ?
Same reference with all additional text:
Laptop no video (or video problems), and battery, AC adapter, power jack T shooting.
See response 1:
DO NOT plug in or unplug a monitor's video cable into / from a video port while the computer is running. Doing so can damage the monitor's circuits and/or the video adapter's circuits.
Some laptops will display on an external monitor without you having to do anything.
If you get no video on an external monitor, some laptops have a key combo that you must press to toggle the display to external video only / built in display video only / sometimes both - see the Owner's or User's manual for the model.
If there is nothing wrong with your AC adapter or it's connection and the jack in the laptop.......
Laptop main batteries usually work as they should for a year or so, then they begin to rapidly deteriorate. From what I've seen, by two years they cannot be charged to anywhere near their full capacity, and it gets worse after that.
They often develop internal shorts when they are older. If the battery gets HOT rather than just warm after you have attempted to charge it for at least a half hour, or after you have been using the laptop for a while with the AC adapter plugged in, it's definitely internally shorted and you must replace it. Internally shorted batteries getting too hot have been known to cause the laptop to catch on fire.
Tips about battery charging problems on Dell laptops - may apply to other makes.
See response 3 in this by iTech:
If there is nothing wrong with your AC adapter or it's connection and the jack in the laptop......
You could try removing the main battery and trying to power the computer with only the AC adapter, however there are probably some laptop models that will not run on the AC adapter alone.
You DO NOT have to buy a Compaq or HP battery. There are lots of clones on the web that have the same one year warranty that cost a lot less. Search the web with your laptop model or the HP part number of the battery to find compatible replacement batteries. In many cases for HP and Compaq computers you can get a battery that has more cells / a higher capacity and runs the computer twice as long as the original battery on the battery alone - the only difference is it sticks out of the case a bit, and the back of the laptop rests on the battery instead of on the case. If one is available for your model, it's usually listed in the parts for your model here:
Search using the part number for that battery if you like.