I am here for a second opinion. Here are the symptoms:
1. Computer was running fine. No major issues save for rare GPU artifact. This is usually fixed by plugging and re plugging monitor or restart.
2. Computer suddenly shuts down overnight and begins reboot cycle. Upon Windows Log In, BSODs. Usually 0X00000024 or 0X0000007E, among many, many others.
3. Swapped harddrive - Same BSOD. Old Harddrive was readable on another computer, though I couldn't boot into the OS on the drive - Understandable. Retrieved important data regardless.
4. Bought new HD - Tried to install Windows On it. Windows install failure at about 25%. BSOD (same errors as above)
5. Powering off and on results in intermittent Boot. It may take me several tries to get to POST before booting to BSOD. I'm -reluctant- to diagnose a PSU error.
I have an extra PSU but it's a real pain to test if PSU or MoBo error. Has anyone else had similar issues? Would you lean towards MoBo or PSU failure?
Thank you very much.