monitor cable removal

Compaq pc monitor / Fp745a
May 25, 2011 at 21:36:17
Specs: Windows XP
i wanted to change the monitor cable from the case. but it is being hindered by a back cover where the cable is plugged in. i dont want to pry it off because i might break it. is there any latch that i should know about to take this cover off if so where.
it is a monitor by compq and its model#is fp754a, i can noy find a service manual about it.


See More: monitor cable removal

Report •

May 25, 2011 at 22:37:30
I don't want to hunt down a picture of the thing so are you saying the cable is not detachable from the monitor end like it is at other end where it attaches to the computer? The cable just goes in the back of the monitor case? It's a CRT and not LCD monitor?

If so you remove the monitor cover. And you'll need an exact replacement cable because the cable's internal connector will only work with that model.

Ding dong the witch is dead. . . .

Report •

May 26, 2011 at 05:08:58
Opening a CRT monitor is dangerous. The stored voltage can kill you and it can be held for very long periods of time.

Why would you need to replace that cord anyway?

Report •

May 26, 2011 at 06:30:26
"it is a monitor by compq and its model#is fp754a"

Are you sure about that model number? You're not going to find what you're looking for if you use the wrong info. Could it be an HP s7540?

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question