Missing some parts on Chieftec Dragon ATX mid tower case

Chieftec Dx-01bd-spx-02b atx tower
February 4, 2012 at 10:35:54
Specs: Windows 7, 3.6 quad core 8gb ram
i recently aquired this case but im missing some parts i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get some im missing 4 drive rails 2 front covers and the front panel does anyone know where to get them i cant seem to find anywere that still has them

See More: Missing some parts on Chieftec Dragon ATX mid tower case

Report •

February 4, 2012 at 18:05:11
Your best bet is to take it to a computer shop and see if they have anything that matches. Usually they'll have a box in the back where they've been tossing leftovers when doing upgrades.

If that doesn't work out you can get something like a wood shim from a hardware store and make your own rails.

Does the case have any rails? If so take some good pics and post them. I might have some.

For the missing bezel covers, I've installed an extra cd or floppy drive just to fill the hole.

Report •

February 4, 2012 at 18:20:18
Hard to find a front panel to match the box. The mounting points and front cutouts are all different between brands, Even mounting rails differ by width, thickness, and mounting holes. I use plastic strips cut to fit. I've seen some pc dealers use card board shims and tape to mount drives.

Report •

February 4, 2012 at 21:09:11
this is what they look likehttp://s1145.photobucket.com/albums...

Report •

Related Solutions

February 5, 2012 at 00:35:14
I'll see if I can find it.

Report •

January 24, 2013 at 09:27:16
Sorry to bump this thread live again but I have just inherited one of these cases with a very nice setup inside - albeit missing drives.
Here is the problem:
I need to find one pair of the drive rails (as pictured above) and one or 2 of the drive cages.
I've tried sourcing the cages everywhere and have ended up putting together a very Heath Robinson setup together that really isn't very satisfactory!
- and is prone to rattling!
Did anyone manage to find a supplier for any of these parts?
I'm in the UK by the way.
Many thanks in advance!


Report •

Ask Question