laptop will not turn on

March 24, 2010 at 09:41:29
Specs: Windows XP
my husband hit the release button on the battery. when we put it back in the laptop would not come back on. the light is on where the plug goes in put nothing else. we have tried for 3 days now to get it to turn back on

See More: laptop will not turn on

March 24, 2010 at 10:50:40
Does the laptop boot/run with the mains plugged in but the battery removed completely? If so then check none of the contacts within the battery bay are bent & if ok try putting the battery back in, making sure you line it up & push it in squarely. If it doesn't run solely on external power then you need to have it looked at by a tech.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..."

Report •

March 24, 2010 at 11:05:32
Does the computer show lights that it is coming on or do none of the power lights come on at all? Have you accidentally dropped the computer?

1) You my have not put the battery in properly:

carefully disconnect the battery and look to make sure that it is not damaged on the area which it uses to connect to your computer and also check the laptop and make sure that the connector is not bent or damaged.

Then reinstall it, go ahead and snap it into place, making sure that everything is sealed and in alignment.

after that, make sure that your battery light is lighting up on the laptop and showing that it is connected/charging.
(Some battery lights will show an amber or orange light, meaning that it is fully depleted. If it blinks blue/amber then the battery is too hot to charge and most be disconnected from the wall and put into a cool place.)

Now see if the computer turns on.

*If it is still not powering on*

2) The battery may not be proper temperature, some batteries wont turn on if it is below 0 degrees Celsius(32 degrees Fahrenheit)

3)Test the electrical outlet that you are using.

4)Check the AC adapter connection, and if there is a light for it make sure that it is on.

5)Stop using a power strip or extension cable and just connect it directly to the wall.

6)something may be interfering with it, so make sure it is not next to other electrical devices.

- As a last resort, if nothing else works you may need to do other things but let me know how that works first.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question