Is there any kind of HDD space extension?

November 11, 2010 at 10:38:14
Specs: Windows XP, AMD phenom II X4/3,25GB
My main HD C: ,which has windows XP inside is 18GB. It seems to me that it is full from Microsoft's updates and windows files. I used clean up and defragmentation. I erased almost every file of mine but still the disk is full. my question is: Is there any way that i can buy a new disk and use it as an extension to my main HD? so i can use it also as a C: drive? ( i hope my question is clear)

See More: Is there any kind of HDD space extension?

Report •

November 11, 2010 at 10:57:07
Not really. Best option would be to migrate from your original drive to a new and larger drive.

Easiest way to do this would be to buy a piece of software like Norton Ghost or Paragon's Hard Drive manager and do a drive to drive copy.

You may get lucky and be able to use the new drive straight away after copying but more likely is that you will have to repair Windows using the Windows XP installation CD so that you can load it up again.

Hope this helps

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question