|The problem is that the drive is very expensive and hard to find because it is a proprietary device. I did get a solution from a friend and it worked for me.|
1. Remove laptop HDD and connect it to another computer running windows. (there are many ways to do this, I did it with a 2.5"ide to USB 2.0 cable)
2. Format the drive FAT32
3. Obtain Windows ME and move all contents from ME cd to the freshly formatted laptop HDD.
4. Also copy over the XP cd.
5. Install HDD back in laptop and boot win ME.
6. From ME load win XP setup.
7. This worked for me and I hope it helps. Enjoy :)