Long story short - After following the dozens of other forum threads out there related to Installing from HP Recovery CD (or DVD) installation stalls and fails, I found a simple workaround and wanted to share (since there seems to be no other obvious solution for Windows XP , Windows Vista , Windows 7 , or Windows 8 ).
1) Find a friend that has a Dell computer (or Sony, or Asus, or Gateway, or Lenovo or anything except another Hewlett Packard HP computer)
2) Copy your HP recovery disks to that machine
3) Burn new recovery disks using that machine
4) Run properly burned recovery disks on the HP
5) Finally, don't ever by another piece of HP hardware again. Not because things fail - everything fails eventually - but because HP Customer Services repeatedly refuses to acknowledge problems or provide even half-decent customer support.
As simple as that! The OEM HP DVD burner is incapable of consistently reading certain elements of the disk it burned itself!
This worked first time for me - I hope this helps others reaching the end of their tether with HP.