|"Sort the files/folders in this directory by date and look for a directory that was just created"|
pft3B9.tmp is NOT a directory, it's a file. Directory = FOLDER.
I just downloaded the BIOS for that system, the file name is sp26381.exe
When I unpacked it, the following files were inside the folder (aka "directory"):
Here are the contents of the SP26381.rtf word doc:
"Title: BIOS Update for P4SD-LA Motherboard
Version: 3.28 - 08/27/2004
This is a BIOS update for the P4SD-LA motherboard.
Windows XP Home
Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Resolves Send/Don’t Send error message.
- Resolves incorrect display of hard disk transfer mode after Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 installation.
- Updates Intel Microprocessor micro-code.
How To Use:
1. Download the BIOS update.
2. Double-click the BIOS update icon and then click NEXT.
3. Accept the license terms and then click NEXT.
4. If an Overwrite Protection message appears, click YES TO ALL.
5. Click OK at the Windows Based BIOS Update window.
6. Click YES at the next Windows Based BIOS Update window and then wait for the update to complete.
7. At the Windows Based BIOS Update window, click YES to restart your PC.
8. If you see the following message during the restart of your PC, continue with the remaining steps; otherwise you are done with the update.
Default BIOS settings have been loaded due to BIOS update or checksum issue.
Press <F1> to enter Setup. Otherwise, allow the PC to continue.
9. Press and hold F1 for a few seconds to open the BIOS Setup.
10. Press F5, choose YES, and then press Enter to load the BIOS defaults. (Use the arrow keys to choose YES, if necessary.)
11. Press F10, choose YES, and then press Enter to exit the BIOS Setup and save your changes. (Use the arrow keys to choose YES, if necessary.)
12. Press Enter to confirm the save.
13. If you see a System Settings Change message prompting you to restart your PC, click YES to restart the PC again.
Copyright © 2004 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P."