Solved how to extend my system drive

August 19, 2013 at 22:55:06
Specs: Windows 7
My system partition has low space for me to use, and I want to extend it. So I launch my Disk Management and try to do it, but the extend partition is grayed out. What should I do?

See More: how to extend my system drive

Report •

August 19, 2013 at 23:08:06
✔ Best Answer
You need unallocated space on the hard drive in order to extend the partition, If there is no unallocated space there is nowhere to to extend it too.

The only thing you can do is buy a bigger hard drive or a new one and copy some of the unnecessary stuff on the system drive to this new one.


Report •

August 20, 2013 at 02:10:22
Hi blairzou,

As rightly suggested by "StuartS", you need an external hard drive to transfer unnecessary stuff.

Also, you can perform disk cleanup to create some space on the partition. Refer to the link mentioned below:

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S

Report •

August 20, 2013 at 06:05:02
"My system partition has low space for me to use"

You didn't state the size of your HDD or how it's partitioned. Extending the system partition is just a temporary fix, if the C-drive is filling up, you need to re-evalute how & where you're storing your files. Do you run a cleaner? If not, try using CCleaner-Slim or CCleaner-Portable.

Report •

Related Solutions

August 20, 2013 at 09:57:06
Yes, go to Windows disk management and post all the information listed there for that hard drive.

Report •

Ask Question