Solved how to connect my Tevion 7 port USB to my satellite c660 Tx

October 27, 2014 at 10:30:02
Specs: Windows 7
what do I need to connect a Tevion & port USB hub to my Toshiba satellite c660 and where is the socket on the laptop? thank you

See More: how to connect my Tevion 7 port USB to my satellite c660 Tx

Report •

October 27, 2014 at 11:08:24
This is the manual for your Toshiba:

Page 2.2 shows the usb ports (2 of them) to be on the left side.....

From the manual (for what I think it similar to the model you have)

You will likely need a usb cable that has a Mini B at pne end - to go into the Tevion; and the other end is the standard usb connector which goes into your laptop usb port.:

While many usb hubs are often sold as powered by the computer (and typically it's a laptop), experience is that it's better if possible to apply external power to the usb hub, whenever possible.

Report •

October 27, 2014 at 11:58:18
First of all,Thank you. Then, forgive my inexperience, I understand that I need a sort of USB extension which must plug in one of the ports of the hub and in a USB port of my computer and NOT in the Ethernet socket. Is it like that,please?

Report •

October 27, 2014 at 14:32:02
✔ Best Answer
An ethernet cable/connector resembles a slightly larger phone plug...

There are two kinds of usb connector (at least for usb-1 and 2; usb-3 is slightly different - again).

A usb standard cable/connector (be it usb 1 or 2) is either similar size and style at both ends of the cable; or one end is the very common (larger) style) and the other a much smaller quite different looking one - and they are tagged/labeled variously

If you go into any computer store and have a look-see/browse you will see both types available. Often one of the smaller connector types (aka mini B) is also used on many phones, many external hard drives too.

Older usb devices used the "standard" shall I say larger - connectors as their input (or output); whereas more recent kit often uses connectors that are smaller connector (min B) at the input at least. Computers all use the standard/larger stye of socket and thus cable end...

This link describes and shows the various types around:

Report •

Related Solutions

October 28, 2014 at 03:42:10
Your explanation is what I needed and has given me a clear idea of what I have to do.
It is the best answer and I am very grateful.

Report •

October 28, 2014 at 04:04:09
You're most welcome... Glad to have been of assistance...


Report •

Ask Question