Help replacing bad capacitor in monitor

Samsung Samsung 930bblack black 19 8ms...
July 29, 2010 at 16:43:41
Specs: Windows XP
Hi there, i'm having trouble figuring out the equevalent vyalue of a bad capacitor in my monitors power supply board (?).

I have a Samsung 930b LCD. There are 3 caps next to each other all Samxon GF(M) 820uF 25V. 1 of them is clearly bad.

All the research i've done says i need a low ESR replacement, but i dont know how to tell if they are low ESR or not. Went to radio shack and they dont specify on the boxes, didn't have anything close to what I needed anyway.

I've seen some people say you can replace it with 1000uF, but what about the Voltage rating, not sure if i need the 25V or i will be ok with a lower one.

I have a 1000uf 10v Hermei LE, would that be ok? How can i know if its low ESR, and where can i buy 1 online since radio shack is useless, free samples maybe?

See More: Help replacing bad capacitor in monitor

Report •

July 29, 2010 at 17:29:02
Any cap rated at 25 volts or higher will work fine

Report •

July 29, 2010 at 17:32:26
You need to ask cap people.

I support the 'Everybody Draw Mohammed Day'. A religion doesn't deny my freedom.

Report •

July 30, 2010 at 07:09:30
The need for a low ESR capacitor would depend on how it is used. In a switching power supply (which it almost certainly is) this may very well be critical. Since 820uf is a somewhat unusual value that may also be of some importance. 1000uf would probably work but there is no way to be certain.

The voltage must be 25V or higher. A capacitor of lower rating is unlikely to last long, and may damage other components when it fails.

Report •

Related Solutions

July 30, 2010 at 07:55:31
You could try contacting a local place, or a web site, that does warranty work on Samsung products including monitors.

Report •

Ask Question