Solved HDMI cable === connects to === firewire ports?

Emachines / T3304
September 21, 2012 at 16:15:40
Specs: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.60 Ghz/2 GB
I have an old Gateway model desktop PC (Model GT5422E) that has 2 firewire ports (IEEE1394) on it. Just got a new HDTV with an HDMI cable. The cable ends don't fit into the ports - duh. Is there an adapter/converter I can buy so I can connect my PC to my TV? If so, what am I looking for, what is the approx. cost, and where can I find it?


See More: HDMI cable === connects to === firewire ports?

Report •

September 21, 2012 at 17:18:01
FireWire is for transferring data, not outputting video. Get yourself a video card that has HDMI ports on it would be your best bet.

Report •

September 21, 2012 at 17:59:36
✔ Best Answer
It looks like your computer only has an onboard VGA port but you're in luck, it has a PCI-express slot:

As long as you're not concerned with good gaming performance, you should be able to get a decent HTPC (home theater) card for less than $25 (after rebate). Here's 2 possibilities:

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question