External tv tuner

Philips / 42hf7544d/27
June 16, 2009 at 11:44:28
Specs: N/A
I need to find an external TV tuner to connect to this monitor; the commercial model we have does not have a "regular" F-connector for cable TV. We need something that will connect to the incoming CATV and go to the monitor via S-Video or HDMI as the VGA port is connected to his PC and there is only one VGA port on the dang thing.
A VCR or set-top box from the cable co. would work normally, but this is wall mounted in an executive office and he doesn’t want a cabinet or shelf under the monitor so I need something small to sit on top of the monitor. I've seen many of the external tuners but I cannot find one with OUTPUTS of anything but VGA, they all have different inputs but only a VGA connection from the small box to the monitor.
Also, it has been recommended to use a connection to the PC and just run it through there (like the Hauppauge model #1191) but I.T. already bought and installed it, and he doesn’t like it. I need something separate…what do you suggest? THANK YOU in advance for any help

See More: External tv tuner

Report •

June 16, 2009 at 13:53:12
What about something like the Compro tv box, http://www.comprousa.com/en/product...
160mm x 120mm x 26mm
Super Video/Composite, Component, VGA and monitor outputs.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question