Dual monitor question

March 2, 2009 at 19:25:51
Specs: Windows Vista
Hello I have an HP s3307c with the Nvidia onboard graphic card. I purchased a Radeon x1300 sff 256. It says I can use dual monitors but only has one jack. Can I use the onboard and Radeon also. or do I need a Y-cable splitter? Also, I read that you cant use 2 different brands, is this true??

See More: Dual monitor question

Report •

March 3, 2009 at 08:57:15
look in the device manager, and see if your graphics card is listed twice, it means it has 2 GPUs.

This is an important distinction: something like a Y splitter will allow you to send a single screen image to 2 monitors instead of just one. But the images are clones - it's the same desktop twice. This can be accomplished using any graphics card, a Y splitter, and 2 monitors.

only with 2 GPUs will you be able to run 2 monitors AS ONE, which i assume is what you were hoping to do. Please note, 2 GPUs does not mean 2 graphics cards (SLI/Crossfire), it just means your graphics card has 2 processors instead of 1.

in either case, the monitors don't need to match. you just need to have the appropriate DVI and/or VGA cables and adapters. But you could hook up a 22"LCD to work side by side with a 15" CRT, it'd make no difference to the OS.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question