|This is an old problem that I should have had addressed ages ago when I could. I have a Dell XPS m1710 MediaDirect(if that makes any difference) series laptop I got forever ago. I can't recall specifically when it happened but it goes something like this:|
Little by little the power cord had to be in "just" the right spot or it would switch to battery. Eventually it got to the point that there was no right spot. Now, I know it isn't a battery issue, switched that battery into another laptop of the same kind and it worked fine, likewise for the powercord so I know it isn't that either. Is it possible that whatever is supposed to touch the powercord on the inside of the laptop either melted/got dmged some how? If so how fixable is it etc.
As much as I love this little IBM thinkpad I'm using, the poor thing is getting overworked and also beginning to die(as you may see from another of my posts)
Thanks in advance Denathil