|Lagging & crashing? Hmmm.....that narrows it down. When I get laptops like this on the bench, I check for: |
- Hardware issues - test all the hardware, especially the HDD.
- Defrag the HDD (I like Auslogics free disk defragger).
- Overheating? Check for dirty exhaust vents & fans.
- Check for Spyware/Adware, Viruses, Trojans and Root Kits: I scan with 3-5 different anti-malware tools minimum.
- Crashing? Depends what's crashing, the OS, an application, a driver?
- Update system drivers.
- Update BIOS (if motherboard is healthy).
- clean out uneccessary files & temp directories and applications.
- Remove all OEM crapware and uneccessary program startup items.
MOOOOooove! OH and you're welcome!