connectin amplifier to pc...

September 11, 2011 at 12:38:49
Specs: Windows 7, AMD athlon X4
hi i bought a sony htddw5000 amp and it only has L & R Audio input but my sound card has 3 jacks, 1 for surround speakers, 1 for centre speaker and 1 for the front speakers. If i connect it to the amp there is no space for teh other 2 jacks to connect. My older amp had a multi channel in where i could connect each set of speakers individually and this one doesnt...and nobody seems to be able to help and the sony website is not very helpful....ive been struggling with this for months now

See More: connectin amplifier to pc...

Report •

September 11, 2011 at 12:49:05
If you intend to use the amplifier to drive your speakers then the speakers connect to the amp.

Is your computer a laptop?

Post the full model of your computer or if you have an add in sound card, the full model of the card.

Report •

September 11, 2011 at 13:45:25
its a desktop pc that i built connected to sony bravia tv hd ready and the sound card is a creative sound blaster audigy sb
Windows 7 Ultimate


Manufacturer System manufacturer
Model System Product Name
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4


Total size of hard disk(s) 2795 GB
Disk partition (C:) 220 GB Free (932 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD
Disk partition (E:) 117 GB Free (1863 GB Total)


Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
Total available graphics memory 2815 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1791 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.632.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1360x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

sound card is sb audigy

Report •

September 11, 2011 at 13:50:49
Just use the on board sound. Use Line Out to the amp. If you need to, you can buy a splitter and possibly an adapter from the small stereo to individual L & R with the larger plugs that your amp may have.

Report •

Related Solutions

September 11, 2011 at 13:59:10
thanks buddy, its been irritating me since i got this u by any chance know the name of the cable or splitter i require and where i can obtain one.. i would prefer the adapter option so that each set of speakers could operate independantly..i imagine this would give better sound quality...correct me if im wrong because i have very unhelpful friends.. i heard of something from sony called a digital media port adapter...any ideas

Report •

September 11, 2011 at 14:20:09
still there

Report •

September 11, 2011 at 15:40:58
I couldn't find any details on your amp. If you only have stereo input on the amp you aren't going to get anything more than that out of it. You may be able to use something like the cable in the link below.

Report •

Ask Question